Tuesday 22 May 2012

Quilt Festival St. Jacobs 2012 Part 4

Very exciting today. I went to St. Jacobs to take in a bit more of the Quilt and Fibre Art Festival.

I had signed up for a class with Judy Gascho-Jutzi. I have seen her work around town on several occasions, and wanted to learn a few of her secrets, see her working. It's very inspiring for me to see an artist at work.  She makes fabulous landscape works of art, and I really like her style. Check out her website here. And have a look at the very cute piece, about 6x6", that she instructed us to make. Isn't it amazing that a few bits of fabric and thread and trim can make such an impact. She does longer classes, with larger more complex pieces, from her design or from your own.

Also, while in St. Jacobs today, I took in a couple of other events that are part of the festival. I saw the Grand Guild of Fibre Artists display, the Group of Eight Fibre Arts Guild, the Canadian Embroiderers' Guild Guelph display, and Kerry Knickle's Magnificent Apron Collection. Whew!  What a lot to take in during an afternoon.

I really wanted to do the other parts of the show there as well, but it will have to wait until later in the week, since I must spend some time planting in the garden, if we are to have any flowers at all this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!