Wednesday 13 February 2013

Sweets for my Sweet

I made these cookies for my valentine, and thought I'd post a photo. They are quite yummy.   They are supposed to be made into a sandwich cookie like in whoopie pies, but I like the look of them with the whipped cream piled on top.  Otherwise they would get too thick, as mine turned out not to be a thin cookie, but quite substantial. They are made of almond flour, and gluten-free, from Elana Amsterdam's the Gluten-Free Almond Flour cookbook.  Loosely based on her Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, because of course I never follow a recipe exactly.  And the topping is whipping cream and marscapone whipped together, with a little sweetener and vanilla mixed in. As I said, yum, yum. Isn't Valentine's Day fun?

2 comments:

  1. R U on a gluten-free diet? Gramma in SP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much gluten-free, yes, but not entirely. It is not as difficult as you might think. I must admit, though, sugar is the bane of my existence!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!