Friday 9 July 2010

Scored a Finish or Two

I've been sewing some because it has been blazing hot outside lately. Too hot for picking raspberries!

Last week, I finished a baby quilt for our quilt guild. We volunteer to make Memory Quilts to go to a local hospital for when someone loses an infant. It wasn't a long project, but at the last minute, I decided to add some lace around the binding. Because I didn't plan that ahead of time, I had to hand stitch it neatly behind the binding, but I like the way it finishes the look.

And I also finished sewing together a jean jacket vest, which I had cut out from a men's denim shirt. So now the embellishment begins. I want to start with some fancy bleaching, and continue with embroidery and beading.

On top of that, I made two pairs of shorts for myself, for when I venture out into that blazing heat! I can pretty much never buy any pants off the rack, without having to alter them for a better fit. So, it is easier a lot of times to develop a pattern that fits in the first place, and just make them from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!