Thursday 5 August 2010

Thinking of Applique

My knee's been bothering me lately, and I thought it might be serious, like a torn ligament, requiring surgery. So I went yesterday to see my oseopath, who easily fixed it up. I go back in a couple of weeks for another treatment. So I'm feeling a lot better than I have been. And I don't have to be so careful on stairs! Isn't that nice?

Must've been some treatment, because I came home with a big realization. My applique project had reached a bit of a stall, because I couldn't figure out how to get my sketches into patterns and cut out for handsewing. Yesterday, I did some searching on the internet, where you can find out almost anything, and now I finally know how I'm going to progress.

Basically, I have to trace my paper patterns onto freezer paper, then iron these pieces to fabric and cut them out. Sounds simple enough, I just hadn't thought of it before. So now, I have to get to work tracing. This seems like a waste of time to me. If I had known this before, I would have worked up my patterns directly onto freezer paper. Oh, well, live and learn.

I still haven't chosen fabrics for this project, either. Yes, I have the background all cut out, but not the applique fabrics. I might do this on Saturday. Oh wait, I'll be picking blueberries on Saturday!

I'm also a little bummed out at how long all this takes. I think it could be several years before I see these finished blocks sewn together. Then there's quilting and finishing, too. I'll have to focus on my "a little every day" thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!