My knee's been bothering me lately, and I thought it might be serious, like a torn ligament, requiring surgery. So I went yesterday to see my oseopath, who easily fixed it up. I go back in a couple of weeks for another treatment. So I'm feeling a lot better than I have been. And I don't have to be so careful on stairs! Isn't that nice?
Must've been some treatment, because I came home with a big realization. My applique project had reached a bit of a stall, because I couldn't figure out how to get my sketches into patterns and cut out for handsewing. Yesterday, I did some searching on the internet, where you can find out almost anything, and now I finally know how I'm going to progress.
Basically, I have to trace my paper patterns onto freezer paper, then iron these pieces to fabric and cut them out. Sounds simple enough, I just hadn't thought of it before. So now, I have to get to work tracing. This seems like a waste of time to me. If I had known this before, I would have worked up my patterns directly onto freezer paper. Oh, well, live and learn.
I still haven't chosen fabrics for this project, either. Yes, I have the background all cut out, but not the applique fabrics. I might do this on Saturday. Oh wait, I'll be picking blueberries on Saturday!
I'm also a little bummed out at how long all this takes. I think it could be several years before I see these finished blocks sewn together. Then there's quilting and finishing, too. I'll have to focus on my "a little every day" thought.