This afternoon, I spent some time making a scarf out of the exquisite yarns I bought in Houston. I stretched them out between two sheets of water soluble plastic type material, then stitched across the yarns to stabilize them. Soaking in water dissolved the film, and now I have a brand new scarf. All the yarns are wool, or silk, or a blend. A couple of them are silk chenille. How yummy is that.
I wanted mostly dark blue, purple colours, with a bit of pink mixed in, and this is what I got. Surprise, surprise, though, I thought I had enough yarns for two or three scarves, and alas, this one used up all the yarn. Now I have some leftover water soluble film for another project.