Wednesday 9 November 2011

Houston Project #2

This afternoon, I spent some time making a scarf out of the exquisite yarns I bought in Houston. I stretched them out between two sheets of water soluble plastic type material, then stitched across the yarns to stabilize them. Soaking in water dissolved the film, and now I have a brand new scarf. All the yarns are wool, or silk, or a blend. A couple of them are silk chenille. How yummy is that.

I wanted mostly dark blue, purple colours, with a bit of pink mixed in, and this is what I got. Surprise, surprise, though, I thought I had enough yarns for two or three scarves, and alas, this one used up all the yarn. Now I have some leftover water soluble film for another project.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!