Tuesday 8 November 2011

New Projects

When I was in Houston, we were talking about which project we each would start first, from all the goodies we bought. I wasn't sure, I think I said I would finish a white Winding Ways quilt I already have going. Well, I have been so excited about a ball of hand-dyed yarn I picked up, that I just had to start knitting a scarf. I had one in progress, but did not like the way the yarn was knitting up, so just now I cast that one off. It will never be finished up anyway. Maybe I can use that small piece somewhere else.

This casting off was soon followed by casting on the new yarn. It's not like I don't have other yarns to knit, but you know how it goes. Something new is always  more exciting than something old. So far, I love the way this looks, and feels. It is a blend of mohair, silk and wool. And all those pretty colours, with a loopy  texture, what's not to love? I'm not a superfast knitter, though, so it may take me a while to finish my scarf. I'll keep you posted, when it's finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!