Sunday 20 November 2011

New York's Architectural Detail

These are a few of the many photos I took along the streets of New York City. Everywhere I looked, the doorways had been carved, or were decorated with bricks. Very interesting. It was a feast for my eyes.

Looking at these photos now, or in the future, would provide much inspirations. As if I might ever run out of ideas. . .

It was easy to get a sense of the history in New York, the age of the buildings, some modern, some older, a great soup of architecural styles. I haven't included photos of the more modern buildings here, but they live in New York too, right alongside the older classic styles.  It is as if anything and everything is honoured here. There is history, new stories, many styles, many different kinds of people, all have a place here. All honoured as having a place here. It was a treat to take it all in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!