Thursday 15 March 2012

My Latest Piece

I just finished a quilted piece, measuring 20 x 39". It is called Inner World. It is a representation of what my inner world looks like. I don't usually let this out, but here it is, vibrant and energetic.

I dug into my bits and pieces box, and just started cutting out shapes. These were glued onto the background, stitched around with invisible thread, and then quilted, using rayon and metallic threads. It is a radical departure for me from my piecing, and in actually finishing something!

I'm not sure I love it, but it is growing on me. And my plans are to do more in this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!