- Freshly Pieced, Work in Progress Wednesdays, link here,
- Patchwork Times, Design Wall Monday, link here,
- Nina Marie's Off the Wall Fridays, link here,
- Marit's Thank Goodness it's Finished Friday, link here,
- Amanda Jean's Finish it Friday, link here, and of course
- The Needle and Thread Network Work in Progress Wednesday, link here.
Do you know there are A LOT of other quilters out there who are blogging about what they are doing, everything from piecing, shopping, quilting, knitting, scrapbooking, painting, cooking, raising kids, etc. These are a very talented and diverse group. But I have noticed that there are similarities. All of us are juggling life to have enough, even a little, time to devote to our creativity, and all of us are pushing to learn new things and get better at our skills. What a community.
I came across a posting on Jen's blog, over at Quilter in the Closet, who wrote about a tour of the RJR fabric factory. They make all of the Jinny Beyer and Thimbleberries collections, amongst others. It is a very interesting read, check it out here.
I'll leave you with a late winter photo, of the forest at Woodside National Historic Site, link here. I like the way the beech trees keep their leaves all winter, and the bark on the trees makes a striking contrast to the snow. I took some photos and didn't like the way the light showed up when I uploaded them to my computer, so I went back the next day for a better shot, and this is the one. The next day the snow was nearly all melted! I keep asking myself, wouldn't it make a great quilted piece?