Tuesday 27 April 2010

Success at Last




I've been working on something for a while now, and I finally have a result that I'm happy with. I've been figuring out how to use my photo printer to print on fabric, then turn the fabric into quilts, no colours washing out. I know, I know, you're thinking this is nothing new, this has been done before. Sure, many other quilters and fibre artists have successfully used this technique.

But for me it's new, and it's very exciting to see my own photos transformed into another artform. These are small pieces, 4x6", and have thread painting. I am thinking of other possibilities, like larger pieces, adding painting, embroidery, beading, applique, yarn couching, and many other embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!