Thursday 13 May 2010

Quilt Season

Spring time means being able to see a lot of quilts, and the Waterloo County and Area Quilt Festival has begun. There are many venues in the area, and many quilts to see. Grand National earlier in the week, yesterday Threadworks at the Wellington County Museum. View the Threadworks pieces here. I especially liked the Crabapple Branch by Tracey Lawko, and the Tree Mandala by Marilyn J. Arms. Three Leaves, by Gordana Brelih, was very impressive, obviously many hours of stitching, and very beautiful.

It always amazes me how people put different colours and fabrics together, create an interesting layout, add stitching in their own unique way, and create a piece that is amazingly beautiful. I just get so moved to see the creativity of other fibre artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!