Thursday 24 June 2010

A little every day

I have endeavoured to do something for quilting every day, for at least an hour. Most days, I do something for quilting, and occasionally skip a day. This might be cutting out fabric pieces, printing fabric, sorting my stash, sewing blocks, pattern work, reading quilt books or magazines, hemming pants, surfing the net to see what other quilters are up to. . . . Sometimes, if I don't feel like sewing, I'll go for a drive, and take my camera to see what's out in the world. Or go pick raspberries!

For example, today I was creating another vest pattern for myself. This is a plain vest, to be used for wearable art. It didn't take long, because it doesn't have a lot of details. I have a couple of heavy weight shirts hanging around that would be better suited if they were cut up into something else, so their destiny is about to change. Nothing is too sacred around here to avoid the scissors!

Can you tell, I'm good at coming up with ideas, and starting things. I have way more ideas than I can ever hope to get finished. I'm lucky if I can get everything written down in my sketch book, which I keep in case I ever run out of things to make. Ha, like that would ever happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!