I've been working on a sewing (not quilting) project for a friend, and it has been slow going. Let's just say I haven't been wildly enthusiastic about the whole thing. So this weekend, I decided to switch to a quilting project for myself, that turned out to be A LOT more fun. I'm hoping this will get me back some of my quilting mojo. I'll still have to work on my friend's sewing, though, just as soon as I get this bag out of my system!
This is as far as I've gotten. The bag part is now quilted and put together. I found four colourful orphan blocks in my UFO's that would never be made into anything like a real quilt, and cut them up into this. I used the slice and sew method, and added the blue print. You just cut slices and sew them back together again. Easy, peasy. No thinking, no measuring, no accuracy. I measured another bag to get the size I wanted, and went from there.
This was a good opportunity, too to practise some FMQ, so I did some bubbles, loops, and my first feathers. I learned that if I'm going to be doing any more feathers, they will take a bit of practise! Though I will admit to not being very fond of feather quilting. . . so I may never do it again.
To finish this up, I still have to make handles, and I want to add pockets inside for all my stuff, camera, phone, water bottle, tablet, so they don't pile up at the bottom. And I want to figure out how to add hidden straps to convert it to a backpack at times.
Linking up this time with Anything Goes Mondays, here, and TNTN, here.