Sunday 16 February 2014

Red & White Progress

Yet another cold, snowy weekend to get in some good sewing time, while I watch the winter Olympics. Did you know that there is an Olympic connection to quilting?  If you are interested, Michele over at With Heart and Hands has a great write-up of all those colourful patchwork backgrounds at the Sochi Olympics. Very interesting concept, see the link here. And you can see the official website here.

I've got all these 9 patches trimmed up now, and wanted to see what they would look like all laid out with white alternating patches.  I also set out these hearts in the border, which I've had left over from other projects.  I think I'd like to cut smaller hearts and add a skinny vine to connect them along the border. So far, I like how it's going.

Linking up this time with Anything Goes, here.

6 comments:

  1. I love a nine patch! The red and white is beautiful and the hearts are a nice fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful so far, Ilene! I really like the tumbled hearts, and the nine patches, of course. :D

    I chuckle every time I see Tigger there in your sidebar. Such a great photo! There's nothing more relaxed than a sleeping cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 9-patch quilt is so pretty! Great idea to add a vine and smaller hearts. I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Love the 9-patch blocks and the hearts. It's going to be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red colours - so energetic and cheerful. Just like you.
    MacklinAnne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE red and white quilts! So pretty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!