Thursday 27 August 2015

How About an Update?!

Red & White Hearts
by Ilene Atkins
Ok. A lot of what I've been doing has been slow type work, but I have a finish to show you.  

This heart quilt has plenty of hand applique. It was my intention at first to randomly scatter those middle hearts around, but they ended up in a big heart shape in the centre. That part didn't take as long as you might think! 

Red & White Hearts, detail
by Ilene Atkins










I did A LOT of intensive quilting on this quilt. That part did take a lot of time. I was working with a lot of lines and close fill quilting. I used a wool batting in this one, something I've been wanting to try. It makes a nice puffy quilting, and packs tight with the fill stitching.

I had committed to finish this quilt for an upcoming show in October, at the Waterloo County Quilters' Guild Exhibit. It feels fantastic to finally have this one completed.

4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous quilt! I sure hope I can attend the show in the fall and see it in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is spectacular, Ilene! I bet it got raves at the show. Congratulations, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!